Why choose Reliant Pest and Building for your home inspections in the greater Newcastle region?
Your Local Pest & Building Inspection Experts in Newcastle, Hunter Valley & Surrounds
Our Service Area
Reliant Pest Pool and Building Inspections are Newcastle’s leaders in Pre-Purchase Pest and Building Inspections. With decades of knowledge, experience and skill, we aim to deliver a fast yet cohesive report of your property.
We find building defects other Pest and Building Inspectors miss. Using state of the art Thermal Imaging Technology, Reliant Pest Pool and Building can find any deformaties in your building using non-destructive methods.
What we have found using our Thermal Imaging:
- Damp areas which lead to hazardous mould.
- Concealed termite infestations where the heat of the colony is detected.
- Water leaks and penetration e.g. roof leaks or shower condensation issues.
- Concealed structural damage.
Thermal Imaging can see more than the naked eye and more than moisture meters! Reliant Pest Pool and Building aims to go above and beyond to save your property from these deformations before it is too late.
When selling a property, a valid Pool Compliance Certificate is required in New South Wales.
To ensure your property complies, contact us today for a comprehensive Pool Inspection.
Your property purchase will be one of the biggest purchases of your life. By using Reliant Pest and Building, you are using licenced builders who are fully insured, certified and registered with HIA and DFT licenced.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Book an inspection online using our form.
- Our office will be in contact with you to liaise the best time and date for your inspection.
- Our registered pest and building inspector will come to your property to assess and compose a report
- Once your invoice has been settled, we will send you the report.
- Leaking showers
- Poor or inadequate drainage
- Subfloor ventilation – creating mould under the house leading to health risks
- Leaking balconies
- Leaking roofs
- Termite damage
- Major settlement cracking
- Salt corrosion (especially in Newcastle’s eastern suburbs)
- Fretting to the brickwork – caused by moisture uplift leading to rising damp.
There are two types of asbestos.
Class A: This is loose fill asbestos, which is a serious matter that needs to be tested if there are any suspicions by our building inspectors.
Class B: Found in the form of a sheet. It is common to find in houses pre-1990. Without testing the sheet, there is no guarantee of asbestos.
We recommend having a bait station installed around the perimeter to mitigate the risk of termites. All houses are recommended to have 12 monthly inspections – just for pests!
You will notice an uneven surface throughout the floor of your home. This means the main supports of your house are inadequate – leading to structural integrity issues. We can assess your piers as a part of our building inspections.
Our pre-purchase pest and building inspections cover all of the accessible areas of your house.
We offer a 24hr report turn around service. Once your invoice has been settled, we will email you your report.
Our best and building inspectors are comprehensive – on average, they take 2-2.5hrs to complete.